Eco Tools Makeup Brush Set Review



I bought the six piece Ecotool bamboo brush set from Ebay since it was about time I invested in some brushes which extend beyond powder brushes. Costing about £3.99, this brush set is affordable in comparison to other brushes on the market.






The set comes with a Cosmetic Brush Roll and 5 brushes:
1)      Blush brush
2)      Eye shading brush
3)      Concealer brush
4)      Eyeliner brush (angled)
5)      Lash and Brow Groomer

I have used these brushes for a while now and can say that they are a delight to use and have a very soft texture against the skin. I have not experienced shedding with these brushes. Definitely seems great value.
 




From Left to Right: Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Concealer Brush, Eyeliner Brush and
Lash and Brow Groomer


Blush Brush
I have found this brush to be super useful for applying powder. Be it pressed or loose powder, either way it does a wonderful job. It picks up the product easily and glides it nicely over the face.

EcoTool Blush Brush
 
Eye shading Brush
This brush is soft and easy on the eyelids. I have found it to be great for applying eye shadow and many different looks/ effects can be achieved with this brush. It is also quite thin in dimension which allows thin lines of eyeshadow to be applied on the eye lid for instance if you wanted to add a pop of colour just above your eyeliner or to line the bottom lashes.
 
EcoTool Eye Shading Brush


Concealer brush
The concealer brush and eye shading brush are very similar in size and shape. Since I usually find it easier to apply concealer with my fingers, I have been using this brush as an eyeshadow brush. I found it to be very handy when using the concealer and eye shading brush for eyeshadows since I can apply the product with one brush and blend with the other! Given the dimension of this brush, it does also appear to be useful for applying concealer as well :)
 
EcoTool Concealer Brush

Eyeliner brush
My favourite! This little beauty is wonderful for applying eyeliner. I have especially been using it to apply eyeliner to the bottom lash line. Also great for smudging out the product, be it liner or eye shadow, on the top lid to achieve a more smokey eye effect.

EcoTool Eyeliner Brush

 Lash and Brow Groomer

The comb side is great for separating the lashes after applying mascara. The brush side is ok. It does the job relatively well, however I have noticed that the bristle does tend to fan out and separate.


EcoTool Lash and Brow Groomer

I bought this Ecotools brush set from Ebay not so long ago for roughly £3.99. Whilst browsing through brushes in the drugstore (like a makeup enthusiast :p) I found that Boots had the Ecotools brushes but the brush set was retailing at about £15.99. I am not sure if there are any difference between the sets being sold on Ebay and that found in Boots, but they pretty much looked the same. Definitely a bargain on Ebay!

All in all I love these earth-friendly and purse-friendly Ecotool brushes! :)
 



Comments

Popular Posts